This is the fully-customizable short-sleeve home kit for Ajax Amsterdam’s 1988-1989 and 1989-1990 seasons.
This kit is a very special one as it saw Dennis Bergkamp blossom into one of the best players in the world, as the forward would later become one of the best players to ever play the game.
However, he wasn’t the only big name in the squad with the likes of Ronald de Boer, his brother, Frank de Boer, Danny Blind, Aron Winter all wearing this unique shirt with Leo Beenhakker leading the team from the bench. Louis van Gaal was the assistant manager, and as such, he often interfered with the manager’s thoughts, something that would, later on, lead to Van Gaal replacing Beenhakker as the full-time manager. The team won the 1989-1990 Eredivisie as a sign of things to come in their golden period of the early 1990s.
Notable Players: Frank de Boer, Ronald de Boer, Dennis Bergkamp, Danny Blind, Aron Winter, Jan Wouters
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- Replica Version. This jersey is a remake of the official one, made with the exact same materials, look, and feel.
- Tighter fit: make sure you choose the right sizing. We recommend buying one size bigger than you usually wear. This will ensure the jersey will fit.
This jersey comes in five sizes, which have a tiny difference: they’re a smaller fit. Our suggestion is to pick your size 1 size bigger than you usually would. If you usually wear an M, pick an L. If you usually wear an S, pick an M.