This is the fully-customizable short-sleeve home kit for Bayern Munich’s 1995-1996 and 1996-1997 seasons.
The period in the mid-90s saw Bayern Munich achieve a lot of success with the events such as winning the UEFA Cup – nowadays known as the Europa League – in 1996 and then subsequently winning the Bundesliga title in the 1996/97 season.
This shirt was worn by the team’s best striker in both of those seasons, Jurgen Klinsmann, who scored 48 goals in total in those two years. Klinsmann joined in 1995 and proved an immediate success. Mario Basler joined the club to wear this shirt the year after, and the club would go on to win their 13th Bundesliga title, with just two points ahead of Bayer Leverkusen. The deciding factor was the 12-match undefeated streak to end the Bundesliga season, thus keeping Leverkusen at bay, even though there was a real chance of dropping the title near the end of the season. Oliver Kahn was between the posts, while Christian Ziege was an important factor, having scored the only goal in the UEFA Cup final.
Notable Players: Jürgen Klinsmann, Lothar Matthäus, Thomas Helmer, Oliver Kahn, Christian Ziege, Ciriaco Sforza, Markus Babbel, Mehmet Scholl
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- Replica Version. This jersey is a remake of the official one, made with the exact same materials, look, and feel.
- Tighter fit: make sure you choose the right sizing. We recommend buying one size bigger than you usually wear. This will ensure the jersey will fit.
This jersey comes in five sizes, which have a tiny difference: they’re a smaller fit. Our suggestion is to pick your size 1 size bigger than you usually would. If you usually wear an M, pick an L. If you usually wear an S, pick an M.