This is the fully-customizable short-sleeve home kit for Liverpool’s 2004-2005 Champions League final.
Mention this season to any true Scouse, and you’ll see a flare come up in their eyes, as Liverpool noted perhaps the biggest win in the Champions League history. The season started off with high hopes, as some of the names wearing this shirt earned the fans’ right to hope. Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Fernando Morientes, and Jerzy Dudek in goal guaranteed solid foundations.
The team ended up fifth in the league, but Rafa Benitez mostly focused on the Champions League, where Liverpool knocked out Leverkusen in the Round of 16, with Luis Garcia scoring three goals in two legs, for an aggregate score of 6-2 for Liverpool. The quarter-finals matched Liverpool with Juventus, where center-backs, Hyppia and Cannavaro scored to make it 1-1 before Luis Garcia became the hero again, scoring for 2-1 which was enough after Liverpool held onto 0-0 draw in Turin. The semi-final is still being told to this day; Liverpool and Chelsea drew the first leg, after which they played the second leg at Anfield. At the beginning of the match (guess who) Luis Garcia scored the “ghost goal” that did not cross the line, but still counted, and the match ended in controversial 1-0 for Liverpool who qualified for the final. Jose Mourinho is still bitter about Garcia’s goal to this day.
The final was a story in itself – the team was down 3-0 at half-time to Milan’s powerful side featuring Schevchenko, Kaka, Maldini, Crespo, and many other superstars. However, Liverpool heroically fought back led by their captain, Steven Gerrard, who also scored a goal, with Šmicer and Alonso making it 3-3. The match went to penalties after a Dudek’s impossible save to Schevchenko’s shot in the extra-time; Dudek beat Schevchenko once again, stopping his penalty and winning the Istanbul final for Liverpool.
Notable Players: Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Milan Baros, Djibril Cissé, John Arne Riise
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- Replica Version. This jersey is a remake of the official one, made with the exact same materials, look, and feel.
- Tighter fit: make sure you choose the right sizing. We recommend buying one size bigger than you usually wear. This will ensure the jersey will fit.
This jersey comes in four sizes, which have a tiny difference: they’re a smaller fit. Our suggestion is to pick your size 1 size bigger than you usually would. If you usually wear an M, pick an L. If you usually wear an S, pick an M.