This is the fully-customizable short-sleeve home kit for the Netherlands Euro 1988 Campaign.
The Netherlands in the period from 1982 to 1986 is a phenomenon of some incredible players managing to have so little success for the national team. However, things changed when Rinus Michels returned to the national team to lead the Netherlands to the 1988 Euro in West Germany.
The team’s leader in the tournament, and one of the best strikers of all time, Marco van Basten became the top scorer of Euro 1988 in this kit. After van Basten scored a hattrick against England to knock them out in the quarter-finals, Netherlands were ready to have another go at West Germany. The Dutch team was looking for revenge for 1974 in Euros held at West Germany when the Germans beat Dutch in the final, even though the Dutch were heavy favorites.
The national hero Marco van Basten scored in 89th minute to knock West Germany out of the competition and win it for the Oranje. This shirt is so special because the first and only major tournament for the Netherlands was won in it by beating USSR in the final of 1988 Euro in West Germany.
Notable Players: Marco Van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Ronald Koeman, Frank Rijkaard, Gerald Vanenburg, Jan Wouters
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- Replica Version. This jersey is a remake of the official one, made with the exact same materials, look, and feel.
- Tighter fit: make sure you choose the right sizing. We recommend buying one size bigger than you usually wear. This will ensure the jersey will fit.
This jersey comes in five sizes, which have a tiny difference: they’re a smaller fit. Our suggestion is to pick your size 1 size bigger than you usually would. If you usually wear an M, pick an L. If you usually wear an S, pick an M.