This is the fully-customizable short-sleeve home kit for Netherland’s 1998 World Cup campaign.
The 1998 World Cup hosted in France will remain as the one where the Netherlands felt like they could’ve done a lot more. They ended up getting fourth place, but the team going to France was much more promising.
Dennis Bergkamp aka The Flying Dutchman was at his peak, scoring and playing beautiful football for Arsenal. He was accompanied by another Arsenal former player, Marc Overmars, Frank de Boer, Cocu, and most importantly, Edwin van der Saar between the posts. The Netherlands thrashed South Korea 6-0 in the group, then drawed with Belgium (0-0) and Mexico (2-2). Both Cocu and Frank de Boer scored two goals each in the group stage.
The Netherlands were ready to face Yugoslavia in The Round of 16. Due to Yugoslavia’s domestic issues, they were weakened which allowed the Dutch to take the 2-1 win with goals from Bergkamp and Edgar Davids. Bergkamp came up big once again against Argentina in the quarter-final, where he scored the winning goal in the 90th minute after Kluivert and Lopez made it 1-1 earlier on. The semi-final against Brazil saw the Dutch score another late goal with Kluivert showing up in the 87th minute to tie the match. However, Cocu and de Boer, the group stage heroes, both missed their penalties, effectively ending Netherlands’ path to the final. The third-place saw the Netherlands lose to Croatia 2-1.
Notable Players: Patrick Kluivert, Dennis Bergkamp, Frank De Boer, Ronald de Boer, Philipp Cocu, Clarence Seedorf, Marc Overmars
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- Replica Version. This jersey is a remake of the official one, made with the exact same materials, look, and feel.
- Tighter fit: make sure you choose the right sizing. We recommend buying one size bigger than you usually wear. This will ensure the jersey will fit.
This jersey comes in four sizes, which have a tiny difference: they’re a smaller fit. Our suggestion is to pick your size 1 size bigger than you usually would. If you usually wear an M, pick an L. If you usually wear an S, pick an M.