This is the fully-customizable short-sleeve home kit for Celtic Glasgow’s 1987-1988 and 1988-1989 seasons.
This kit marks a successful period for the club as Celtic won the 1987-1988 league title with Andy Walker leading the way as the striker had a brilliant season where he scored 32 goals en route to the league title.
However, they didn’t stop there – Celtic also won the Scottish Cup by beating Dundee United 2-1 in the final. Mick McCarthy played a big part in this success, alongside the likes of Roy Aitken. Pat Bonner was the first-choice goalkeeper who proved to be a reliable outlet between the posts. Paul McStay, along with Roy Aitken, was the most appeared player in the squad, having set his feet on the pitch no less than 54 times.
Notable Players: Andy Walker, Frank McAvennie, Billy Stark, Mark McGhee, Paul McStay, Chris Morris, Derek Whyte, Joe Miller, Peter Grant, Tommy Burns, Roy Aitken
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- Replica Version. This jersey is a remake of the official one, made with the exact same materials, look, and feel.
- Tighter fit: make sure you choose the right sizing. We recommend buying one size bigger than you usually wear. This will ensure the jersey will fit.
This jersey comes in five sizes, which have a tiny difference: they’re a smaller fit. Our suggestion is to pick your size 1 size bigger than you usually would. If you usually wear an M, pick an L. If you usually wear an S, pick an M.