This is the fully-customizable short-sleeve away kit for Celtic Glasgow’s 1996-1997 season.
The 1996-97 season was the one of hope as Celtic were getting ready to break their hated rivals’ league-winning streak as Glasgow Rangers won the competition every time since 1989.
This generation set the ground for the overturn and the kit is so special because Paulo di Canio arrived in the summer, being a big-name signing from AC Milan, alongside Alan Stubbs from Bolton. The 1995 cup hero Pierre Van Hooijdonk left the club mid-season to leave space for the upcoming generation.
Notable Players: Paolo Di Canio, Pierre Van Hooijdonk, Alan Stubbs, Tommy Johnson, Phil O’Donnell, Jorge Cadete, Peter Grant, Jackie McNamara, Brian McLaughlin, Andreas Thom, Morten Wieghorst
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- Replica Version. This jersey is a remake of the official one, made with the exact same materials, look, and feel.
- Tighter fit: make sure you choose the right sizing. We recommend buying one size bigger than you usually wear. This will ensure the jersey will fit.
This jersey comes in five sizes, which have a tiny difference: they’re a smaller fit. Our suggestion is to pick your size 1 size bigger than you usually would. If you usually wear an M, pick an L. If you usually wear an S, pick an M.