This is the fully-customizable short-sleeve home kit for Colombia’s 1990 World Cup.
After 38(!) years of missing the World Cup, Colombia finally qualified for the biggest stage. Once they got to the World Cup, they even qualified to the Round of 16 after being third in a group with Western Germany, Yugoslavia, and United Arab Emirates.
Valderamma, Redin, and Rincon all scored in the group stage. This shirt has a special meaning because ended such a long drought of not being able to quality, but that’s not its only symbolism. It represents hope, as the people of Colombia were living the life after drug cartels started to shut down in the country.
When they faced Cameroon in the Round of 16, Redin scored again, but it wasn’t enough, as the Cameroonians scored two in the extra time to head to the quarter-final. Another big name in the squad is the eccentric goalkeeper, Rene Higuita, and Andres Escobar, who would be tragically shot after the 1994 World Cup where he scored an own-goal for Colombia to exit the competition.
Notable Players: Carlos Valderrama, René Higuita, Leonel Alvarez, Andrés Escobar, Carlos Estrada.
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- Replica Version. This jersey is a remake of the official one, made with the exact same materials, look, and feel.
- Tighter fit: make sure you choose the right sizing. We recommend buying one size bigger than you usually wear. This will ensure the jersey will fit.
This jersey comes in four sizes, which come with a tiny difference. In terms of length, the jersey is a smaller fit than usual. In terms of height, it’s the same as any normal jersey. Because of the difference in length, our suggestion is to pick your size 1 size bigger than you usually would. If you usually wear an M, pick an L. If you usually wear an S, pick an M.