This is the fully-customizable short-sleeve home kit for the France 1982 World Cup campaign.
France had numerous legendary teams throughout history as the French are one of the traditionally strongest nations in football. However, the 1982 World Cup remains an occasion where the footballing intensity reached its peak.
France got all the way to the semi-finals where they were bound to face West Germany. It was a clash of titans, but the French knew they could hold their own with Michel Platini wearing the captain’s armband. It was a match full of drama, but one moment stands out as West Germany’s goalkeeper Schumacher completely knocked out Patrick Battiston, a man who ended up with two knocked-out teeth and three broken ribs. However, not even a foul(!) was given.
This looked like the breaking point as the match went to penalties after 3-3, including 2-2 in the extra time. Maxime Bossis’ missed penalty was all it took for West Germany who knocked out France. Years later, Platini called this match the favorite one of his career as it encapsulated everything wonderful, dramatic, dirty, and emotional about football.
Notable Players: Michel Platini, Marius Trésor, Alain Giresse, Bernard Lacombe, Didier Six, René Girard, Dominique Rocheteau
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- Replica Version. This jersey is a remake of the official one, made with the exact same materials, look, and feel.
- Tighter fit: make sure you choose the right sizing. We recommend buying one size bigger than you usually wear. This will ensure the jersey will fit.
This jersey comes in five sizes, which have a tiny difference: they’re a smaller fit. Our suggestion is to pick your size 1 size bigger than you usually would. If you usually wear an M, pick an L. If you usually wear an S, pick an M.