This is the fully-customizable short-sleeve home kit for South Korea’s 2002 World Cup campaign.
South Korea hosted the 2002 World Cup and was lauded as the “Giant Killers”. In a shocking turn of events, South Korea won fourth place in the World Cup, just behind huge historical footballing nations such as Brazil, Germany, and Turkey.
South Korea topped their group with the USA, Portugal, and Poland below them. The most notable name to wear this kit is Park Ji-sung, a longtime Manchester United player, who scored the winning goal against Portugal in the group. Everyone predicted easy Italian win when South Koreans faced them in the Round of 16, but the match went to extra-time, where Ahn Jung-hwan scored the winning goal.
The quarter-final saw South Korea face Spain, in a controversial match where the conspiracy theories have it that the hosts bought off referees in what was indeed a suspicious performance. However, the match went to penalties, and South Koreans scored all five, with Joaquin missing his for Spain. They finally fell to Micahel Ballack and Germany in the semi-final, losing the third-place match to Turkey afterward. We also have the South Korea 2002 Away jersey on our store.
Notable Players: Ji-Sung Park, Lee Young-Pyo, Cha Du-Ri, Lee Chun-Soo, Yoo Sang-Chul, Kim Tae-Young, Hong Myung-Bo
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- Replica Version. This jersey is a remake of the official one, made with the exact same materials, look, and feel.
- Tighter fit: make sure you choose the right sizing. We recommend buying one size bigger than you usually wear. This will ensure the jersey will fit.
This jersey comes in four sizes, which have a tiny difference: they’re a smaller fit. Our suggestion is to pick your size 1 size bigger than you usually would. If you usually wear an M, pick an L. If you usually wear an S, pick an M.